For my physical safety and sanitation of the solution in the float tub, I certify to the following:
I further understand and agree to the following rules:
- If I dyed my hair with permanent or semi-permanent color, I will not float until I have washed my hair a minimum of 3 times and the color does not rub off onto my towel.
- I will not float if I colored my hair with temporary hair color of any kind.
- I will wait to float at least 2 days after spray tanning.
I will not float if I am under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
I do not suffer from incontinence issues.
I do not have a communicable disease.
- I do not have any open skin wounds, rashes, sunburn or other known skin irritations.
If I have acquired a new tattoo within the past 30 days, it is completely healed.
If I have a history of heart trouble, epilepsy, seizures or blackouts, I have received approval from
my physician to float.
If I am pregnant, become pregnant or am post-natal or post-surgical, I have consulted and received approval from my prenatal care provider to float.
- If I have any other physical, mental or emotional limitation or diagnoses that may be of concern for participating as a Float Participant, I have consulted with my physician or other medical or mental health care providers and have received approval to float.
- I will not take phone calls inside the Light Side Floats Facilities (also referred to as the "Float Center"). I will silence or turn off my cell phone and all other electronic devices so that I do not disturb other guests enjoying the Float Center or distract myself while floating.
- I understand that all of my personal belongings shall be secured with myself (alone), locked inside the
float suite during my float session. Any loss or damage to any of my personal belongings is not the responsibility or liability of Light Side Floats.
- I will take a shower before I float and I will use the unscented, non-lathering shampoo/body wash provided by Light Side Floats. I will not enter the float cabin with any lotion, cream, or cologne/perfume on my skin or any products in my hair.
- I understand that float sessions run on a tight schedule. I will be courteous to the client scheduled after me by limiting each shower to 4 minutes or less.
- After my post-float shower, I will get dressed, gather my personal belongings, exit the float suite, then proceed to one of the vanities in the Primp & Grooming Room where I will apply my personal products (makeup, cologne/perfume, deodorant, hair products).
- The interior of the float cabin is carefully inspected with a flashlight and UV light in between each session. I understand that if I contaminate the solution in any way, I will be required to pay for the cost of cleanup, solution replacement, and lost revenue. The minimum fee is $500.00.
- Minors 14 Years and Younger: A legal guardian or parent must be present in the Float Center and not floating in case the child exits the float suite early or requires assistance.
- Minors 10 Years and Younger: A legal guardian or parent shall remain next to the float cabin throughout the duration of the float experience for any minor 10 years of age or younger in the event that the minor requires emergency assistance.
- Light Side Floats does not provide child care. Under no circumstance will Light Side Floats accept responsibility for supervising, monitoring or otherwise assuming legal responsibility for child care of minors.
I acknowledge and absolve Light Side Floats of any liability pertaining to the following:
- Light Side Floats does not represent floating as a “cure” for any
specific physical or mental affliction(s). I will not modify or stop any
of my prescribed medications without first consulting with my
- I am choosing to use the flotation cabin and/or hydro massage of
my own free will and agree not to hold the facility operators or owners
liable for any injury to self or loss of personal items.
- I agree that I am physically capable of entering and exiting the
float cabin on my own and I am physically capable of lowering myself
into the solution without assistance. I am also capable of rising from a
recumbent position without assistance.
- I understand that the float tub contains 800 pounds of Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) and 200 gallons of water that is heated to 93.5 degrees Fahrenheit.
- I understand that the solution in the float tub is slick and I
will use the utmost care when entering/exiting the float cabin and while
utilizing the float center facilities. I agree that Light Side Floats is
not responsible for any damages, injury or death caused by slipping
Disclaimer / Waiver
Floating is not a substitute for medical attention, examination, diagnosis or treatment.
I acknowledge and agree to comply with all rules and regulations as provided by Light Side Floats, as posted in the Light Side Floats Facility and as stated in this Agreement and that I will conduct myself with courtesy for all Light Side Floats employees, other Float Participants and others present at the Center. I understand the inherent risks concerning floating and using float cabins, some of which are described in this Agreement and I assume all risk of bodily injury, property damage and personal damage that may occur by participating or floating. I hereby forever waive and release, hold harmless, and covenant not to sue Light Side Floats, its members, employees, agents, representatives, volunteers, heirs, successors or assigns (hereinafter "Released Parties") concerning any and all claims or demands which may be made for any loss, damage, harm or injury to person or property related to participation in the float activities and services provided by Light Side Floats, whether caused by the negligence of the Released Parties or otherwise. The list of Float Participants as identified in this Agreement includes all adults and minors participating in any service provided by Light Side Floats.
For any minor who has been identified as a Float Participant, I certify that I am a parent or legal guardian for the minor(s) and that I have explained the contents of this Agreement to all Float Participants and have completed this Participant Agreement and Liability Release on their behalf.
If any portion of this waiver and release, assumption and agreement is held invalid, I agree that the balance of provisions shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT WITH LIGHT SIDE FLOATS AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS. I AM OF AGE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT IN THE STATE OF MARYLAND AND SIGN THIS DOCUMENT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITH THE INTENTION OF COMPLETELY AND UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASING THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
All sales final. No refunds. Service credit will be deducted for no shows and same day