BIKES UNLIMITED RENTAL AGREEMENT AND POLICIES:
I hereby acknowledge and agree to the following rental agreement terms and conditions:
• Bicycles are rented out clean and in proper working condition and must be returned in the same manner.
• Helmets are offered and recommended as part of the rental contract. Customers who decline to rent and wear helmets have
done so at their own will and risk.
• It is the responsibility of the client to check the bike at the store BEFORE setting out on any ride.
Customer agrees to return the bike in clean UNDAMAGED condition to avoid any ADDITIONAL changes for repair, maintenance, or replacement.
Customer accepts use of the equipment, AS IS, in good condition and accepts full responsibility for care of the equipment while under his/her
possession. Damaged parts or components will be repaired/replaced at the shops discretion and customer agrees to pay regular shop rates and retail
prices for components replaced. Clean condition means normal wear and tear is accepted but does not include broken spokes, rims, bent rims,
damaged frames, handlebars, seats or other parts from misuse and/or crashes. Note: All bikes should be returned clean of mud and debris. Any bike
not returned clean will be assessed a 1 hour additional fee.
BIKES UNLIMITED RENTAL
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER, AND RELEASE AGREEMENT
Assumption of Risk: I understand and accept that renting this bicycle and participating in biking exposes me to many hazards and entail unavoidable
risk of death, person injury (including but not limited to severe spinal or head injury) and loss of or damage to property. I also understand I should be
in good physical health to participate in bicycling. I choose to participate in bicycling in renting this bicycle and participating in bicycling. In
understand the inherent risk involved in using this equipment, accept full responsibility for any and all such damage or injury which may result.
Waiver And Release: In consideration of Bikes Unlimited renting me this bicycle, I specifically release and forever discharge Bike s Unlimited and
its affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from any and all liability or claims for injury, illness, death, or loss of or damage to property which I
may suffer while renting this bicycle and participating in bicycling. This discharge specifically includes, but is not limited to, liability or claims for
injury, illness death or damage caused by the negligence of Bikes Unlimited or its affiliates, officers, agents, or employees. It is my intent by the
Waiver And Release Agreement to release Bikes Unlimited and hold it harmless from all liability for any such property loss or damage, personal
injury or loss of life, whether caused by the negligence of Bikes Unlimited or whether based upon breach of contract, breach of warranty, or any
other legal theory. In signing this document I fully recognize that if injury, illness, death, or damage occurs to me while I am engaged in renting this
bicycle or participating in bicycling, I will have no right to make a claim or file a lawsuit against Bikes Unlimited or its affiliates, officers, agents, or
employees, even if they or any of them negligently cause my injury, illness, death, or damage.
• I realize the importance of wearing a helmet. If I do not wear a helmet I am doing so at my own will.
• I understand that this activity may result in severe injury including but not limited to spinal or head injury
• I understand that this activity may result in hazards posed by other bicycles and traffic or road conditions.
• I understand that there are no bicycle lanes in downtown Lynchburg
• Bikes Unlimited staff have answered any questions I have had
• I understand these bicycles may not have visibility enhancement equipment such as blinking lights
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THIS IS AN
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND I SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT I
SHOULD NOT AND MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS ACTIVITY IF I AM UNDER THIS INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL OR DRUGS.